Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:00:57 +0200

David Kastrup wrote:
Why don't you use perl for example instead?
Chicken and egg.  Installation scripts have to rely on what is there.
But you can build exectutable from perl scripts, or is not that
possibility there any more?

It means pulling in a lot of external technology for just a simple
scripting job.  Why should we do that if what is present in Windows is
so great?

I guess you know perl, of course. I might misunderstand what you are actually doing. There is vbs too and different installation software. But let us drop this, I just wanted to give a suggestion.

I agree this is a weak and disturbing point on w32, escpecially when you are used to have powerful scripting languages available. This is however not what w32 programmers use.