Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:22:34 -0400

Eli> a typical configure script exercises many advanced shell features,
Eli> and so crafting a shell that could run it will need to implement
Eli> most of the features we have in Bash.  Such a shell will be neither
Eli> small nor portable, because a Posix shell needs quite a few Posix
Eli> features.

I thought the whole point of auto-tools was to work with any POSIX
shell.  So dash ought to be enough for that.

When it comes down to it though, given what else is required, I suspect
busybox may be the answer.  It should cover everything needed to run a
configure script.  And is GPL, too.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <address@hidden>         OpenPGP: 1024D/ED7DAEA6