Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 16:11:56 -0400

   > I do think this idea presents a chicken and egg problem though - the
   > shell is needed by configure, but will not be available until it has
   > been built by a bootstrap.

   The shell could be built before running the configure.

And how would that work for every other platform?

Really, why not have a shell (say bash) that can be easily installed
on Windows (a .exe that you can put somewhere), and whatever other
platform.  It could be distributed on ftp.gnu.org, like the emacs
binaries for windows and other such unfriendly platforms.