Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 22:27:05 -0400

    > Not at all.  It's normal for a community to contain people
    > with different views; just because people adopt a different set
    > of politics does not make them a separate community.

    Then it would appear that we are part of the preexisting UNIX community,
    and the "free software community" is a myth.

That's a nonsequitur if I ever saw one.

Free software and open source stand for political views, but in our
commuity people with various views often work together developing the
same program.  That's why we are all part of one community.

GNU and Unix are different systems developed by different groups that
cannot work together.  It's no accident that GNU's Not Unix; that was
a necessary requirement to achieve the goal.  We made a clean break.