Re: line-line-move-visual: was line motion problem

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: line-line-move-visual: was line motion problem
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 06:58:41 -0400

On 22 Jul 2008, at 23:19, Vinicius Jose Latorre wrote:

Well, the current defaults are sensible.

There was a discussion about whitespace settings before whitespace was accepted as part of Emacs.

When I said that I also prefer pilcrow, I was expressing my preference, but this is not the consensus about these settings.

The weird color combination makes perfect sense for whitespace-mode, but not to just mark paragraphs as a regularly enabled function. There, the paragraph marks would have to be a lot less conspicuous. Perhaps the show-newlines-mode is really something that needs to be implemented more separately from whitespace.el or at least whitespace- mode.

This is the last message from me regarding this topic for lack of time.