Re: Release plans

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:52:49 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

>> Just a reminder: we will begin the feature freeze for Emacs 23.1 at the
>> end of this month.
>
> If anyone on this list has a patch that is still waiting for approval or
> further comments, now would be a good time to ping.

I have a small package in the queue, xesam.el. It provides an interface
to search engines, who support the Xesam API(1). I've tested it with
beagle(2) and strigi(3) as well as with the demo script from the
xesam-tools(4), which implements an access to yahoo. tracker(5),
pinot(6) and recoll(7) are also said to support Xesam; this I haven't
tested (yet).

The package is functional, although it might need some polishing. Are
there any objections to install it at lisp/net?

Best regards, Michael.

(1): <http://xesam.org/main>
(2): <http://beagle-project.org/About>
(3): <http://strigi.sourceforge.net/?q=general>