Re: describe-char should display the character's Unicode name

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: describe-char should display the character's Unicode name
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 08:29:25 -0500

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 00:52:08 +0200 "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden>
wrote:

LB(> I am not sure I understand the details here (or rather "I am sure I do
LB(> not understand all the details here"), but things like this is what
LB(> tabkey2.el tries to solve.

LB(> I have done some significant changes since I last proposed it. I have
LB(> attached a new version.

LB(> Could you please see if what you want can fit in tabkey2.el? (The idea
LB(> there is that normally the first Tab does indentation while the second
LB(> Tab key can do some kind of completion - and S-Tab can choose what to
LB(> complete.)

That seems like a good idea, if it can work with Quail input methods.
They require an actual key name, so the changes would not be minor.
Otherwise I like it: I can't remember any time I've need to press TAB
more than once in any setting.

Ted