Re: VMS support

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: VMS support
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:40:18 +0200

() Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
() Thu, 24 Jul 2008 16:00:03 -0400

   I can assure you that it's not the same if your code is in
   the trunk vs if your code is on some other branch: when I
   edit the the C code and see an "#ifdef VMS" I'll try to pay
   attention to that code, even if I can't test that my change
   doesn't break it.  If it's not in the trunk, I won't see
   the #ifdef and you'll have to deal with the breakage.

Whoever does porting work has to deal w/ the breakage, anyway,
regardless of the intention/care of others.  I appreciate your
saying you would take care, but the care you take is not the
only factor.

But that's enough from me on this topic.

thi