Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 21:23:55 -0400

    I'm still a Windows [proprietary software] developer. Changing
    this would mean the end of my career as computer programmer.

You didn't say whether "your software" is free software, and I suspect
it isn't.  If your career as a computer programmer consists of
developing proprietary software, I hope that career ends soon.

     NTEmacs is the responsible of me being a Free
    Software advocate... when Free Software makes sense.

To say that there might be times when Free software doesn't "make
sense" is, in effect, to grant ethical legitimacy.  So you're not
really a free software advocate at all.  You only appreciate using
some free software.

    So far, the Free Software philosophy is a success when the software is
    targeted at hackers (Emacs, gcc, GNU/Linux servers...) and clearly
    inferior when targeted at "common" users.

I think you're mistaken, but that's a side issue.  Your statements
show the clearly that you don't care about freedom for computer users.
Since you don't share our goals, we should not listen to your advice.