Re: Meanness

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Meanness
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:19:00 +0200

Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:

> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [snip]
>
> Well said, Eli.
>
> I've told my experience on how having Emacs on Windows advertises Free
> Software and pushes me towards GNU/Linux, and some people responds
> ignoring the positive contribution to their cause that my message
> shows and just wishes I loose my work because it is unethical. This is
> very worrying, as is very similar to the behavior of those who profess
> fanaticism, which is a real disgrace for Humanity. So I humbly propose
> that before trying to fix the world, one should try to fix
> himself. And this is my very personal stance, as I don't pretend to
> have moral superiority.

In contrast to my pretensions.  You forgot to mention that I murder baby
seals.  Or is this already implied by me being a real disgrace for
humanity who should get himself fixed?

> More open hands and less finger pointing, please.

Do you _really_ need to stoop to that level because you can't accept
that my cost/benefit analysis comes to a different conclusion than
yours?