Re: Emacs vista build failures

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs vista build failures
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 17:34:00 -0400

    Hmm.  What if that software written on w32 has satisfied users?

Our mission is not "satisfying users", it is establishing freedom.

There are users who do not think their freedom is very important, and
they may feel satisfied using proprietary software.  (It isn't ALL
badly written.)  But that doesn't make the proprietary software a good
thing.

Freedom is important even if some people don't understand this, and
taking away people's freedom is bad even if they are foolish enough
not to care.  We do not judge right and wrong by their standards.