Re: VMS support

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: VMS support
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:41:55 -0700

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

  > >> I guess we should do the same for the Carbon port since it also seems
  > >> that nobody is interested in updating&maintaining it.
  > > Is this a go ahead?
  >
  > Yes, but with the same requirement of a clean removal.

Carbon is gone now.  There's a before-remove-carbon and a remove-carbon tag.
doc/emacs/macos.texi is still present, it looked like it might have some
text that is useful.  Someone that knows the platform would need to
handle that.  There's a note about it in admin/FOR-RELEASE.

Doing this a one big commit is _extremely_ inconvenient.  A thorough
removal can be done in steps too, and tags can help sort out the changes
easily.  The unnecessary red tape just adds extra work for absolutely
zero gain.