Emacs/Web-Browser Integration was :gnome/emacs integration

From: T. V. Raman
Subject: Emacs/Web-Browser Integration was :gnome/emacs integration
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 06:27:13 -0700

Talking of Gnome/Emacs integration, I still have fond memories of
the window manager sawfish that came with a lisp repl to control
it.

It would definitely be nice to talk to GTK through an elisp/guile
layer. But even more importantly, one aspect of Emacs that has
sadly fallen behind significantly is emacs' ability to
communicate with the Web. Ideally, we would have some kind of
Emacs binding to Webkit as a rendering engine that was completely
controllable from Elisp --- any takers?

--
Best Regards,
--raman