Re: Finding the source of Change Log entries

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Finding the source of Change Log entries
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 20:50:09 +0200

> If the function is long, it would be better to go directly to
> the point of the change.  Not sure that it would make enough of a
> difference to make it worth it, but it might...

Now I see what you mean.  The problem is that when I do C-x 4 a I'm
sometimes not at the position where I changed something but at some
arbitrary position within the function.  In that case the behavior you
suggest might be irritating.  But probably mine is just a bad habit.
Maybe we could make it customizable (the behavior, not my habit).

In any case, an overlay seems useful for the case where one adds
entries for a `defvar' and a `defun' with the same name.