Re: Notes mode

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: Notes mode
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:51:44 +0200

    Chong> Has anyone on this list used John Heidemann's notes-mode?

I've been using notes-mode since 1998. I use it at work and at home for all
sorts of things I want to keep track. Sort of external memory :-).
It's one of the 2 packages I always install with emacs (the other one is bbdb).
Very stable and also really easy to use. Select a descriptive subject and
scribble a note, that's it. Also has encryption (I use it for my passwords).
Over the years my index list has grown quite a bit and about the only feature
I miss is some sort of 2 level indexing, i.e. group subjects together and
collapse/expand them in the index file.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about org-mode and planner. So I can't
compare.

HTH

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Alcatel-Lucent               |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
You can only be young once. But you can always be immature. -- Dave Barry