Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/emacs.c,v

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/emacs.c,v
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 06:13:30 -0700

Emanuele Giaquinta <address@hidden> writes:

  > On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 04:28:38PM -0700, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
  >
  > > Emanuele Giaquinta <address@hidden> writes:
  > >
  > >   > On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 03:59:21PM -0700, Dan Nicolaescu wrote:
  > >   >
  > >   > > Unfortunately that is not what the code in configure.in said:
  > >   > >
  > >   > > /* TODO: These are used for the Carbon port only. */
  > >   > > #undef MAC_OS
  > >   > > #undef MAC_OSX
  > >   > >
  > >   > > What is the right conditional there?
  > >   >
  > >   > I think the right conditional is to check only MAC_OSX (defined in
  > >   > s/darwin.h), that code is required by unexmacosx.c.
  > >
  > > MAC_OSX is only define if !HAVE_NS, so that wouldn't be quite right
  > > either.
  >
  > Ah, I see. The previous conditional was correct then.

It would make this particular code work, but it might not be enough.
src/s/darwin.h should not be using -DMAC_OSX, it should put that in a
#define, that is the point of darwin.h, to contain #defines.  The macro
should be documented properly in admin/CPP-DEFINES.  Hopefully a mac
person can take care of this.