Re: line-move-visual never set to nil?

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: line-move-visual never set to nil?
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:18:41 -0400

David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:

> How about new functions for the visual movement, and binding the arrow
> keys to that?

No, we shouldn't make C-n and down do different things.  That would be
bad.

I don't think there's a completely satisfactory way to allow both visual
line movement and keyboard macro friendliness by default.  If we don't
revert to the old default, we may just have to live with this conflict.

We could advise people to temporarily turn on truncate-lines if they
want to handle long lines with keyboard macros.