Re: line-move-visual never set to nil?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: line-move-visual never set to nil?
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:59:23 +0200

Chong Yidong wrote:
Why doesn't it work right in a keyboard macro?
Is this because it uses data structures that are updated
only by redisplay, and the keyboard macro does not redisplay?

No, it's because keyboard macros recorded using one window width may not
work properly when you change the window width, if the line wrapping has
changed.

After thinking about this more, I think we might leave this alone.  It's
not difficult to do M-x toggle-truncate-lines if you need to avoid this
problem, if it ever crops up.

But this is a fundamental and known problem with keyboard macros and line-move-visual. As I said before: Why not turn on line-move-visual during keyboard recording and replaying?

I thought Stefan responded earlier (thanks) that this was what a proposed patch did. It looks like I am misunderstanding something. Could someone explain?