eshell-defgroup fouls up `make bootstrap'.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: eshell-defgroup fouls up `make bootstrap'.
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 09:48:30 +0000

Hi, Glenn,

I cvs updated yesterday and now can't build Emacs.  The problem is the
non-existence of eshell-defgroup.

eshell-defgroup is aliased to defgroup in .../lisp/eshell/eshell.el.
(As a matter of interest, why?)

I've tried putting an `(eval-and-compile ...)' round the definition of
eshell-defgroup, but this doesn't help.  It fails as follows:

    Symbol's function definition is void: eshell-defgroup

There's a comment in eshell.el just before the defalias about "putting
the whole definition into the autoload file" which I don't understand,
so I don't really want to mess around, here.

Would you look at this, please.  Thanks!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).