Re: line-move-visual never set to nil?

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: line-move-visual never set to nil?
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 02:50:06 +0200

Miles Bader wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:
I think this case is special. The special thing is the relation between
the visual move and the buffer point. That relation changes according to
something that is rather unrelated with the buffer contents but can
easily be changed by the user. That makes the relation very volatile.

Not really, given that (1) window-width changes quite rarely,

You have to take into account both line length and window-width.

and (2) most macros are used immediately (in the same buffer/window) and
then discarded (or rather, forgotten about).

Yes, that is a good argument.

Anyway, what you're suggesting seems every bit as bad, or worse, than
the problem it's purporting to solve -- without, as far as I can see,
any actual evidence that there _is_ a problem (have we gotten any bug
reports?).

But that is not such a good argument right now, of course ... ;-)

-Miles