Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/xfaces.c,v

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/xfaces.c,v
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 11:34:36 -0400

On Aug 1, 2008, at 10:54 AM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 13:48, Adrian Robert <address@hidden> wrote:

+           cmap = Fcons (Fcons (build_string (name),
+ make_number ((red << 16) | (green << 8) | blue)),
+                         cmap);

This is a change over the original function, and in fact it doesn't
work on Windows because of byte order issues.
Either the attached patch, or adding a new RGB_TO_EMACS_INT macro, is needed.

Thanks, in interest of heading off problems, implemented quickest fix for now, which is committing patch as-is. (Sorry about any disruption, I could not find any #def for RGB but assumed it was like what I put there.) If folks would prefer a macro we should find all the places it might be used and figure out the right file to put it in..