Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/xfaces.c,v

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/src/xfaces.c,v
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 14:56:59 -0400

On Aug 1, 2008, at 12:49 PM, Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:

Adrian Robert wrote:
On Aug 1, 2008, at 10:54 AM, Juanma Barranquero wrote:
On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 13:48, Adrian Robert <address@hidden > wrote:

+           cmap = Fcons (Fcons (build_string (name),
+ make_number ((red << 16) | (green << 8) | blue)),
+                         cmap);

This is a change over the original function, and in fact it doesn't
work on Windows because of byte order issues.
Either the attached patch, or adding a new RGB_TO_EMACS_INT macro, is needed.
Thanks, in interest of heading off problems, implemented quickest fix for now, which is committing patch as-is. (Sorry about any disruption, I could not find any #def for RGB but assumed it was like what I put there.) If folks would prefer a macro we should find all the places it might be used and figure out the right file to put it in..

Adrian, could you please explain what will happen when this code is run on w32?

I wasn't trying to change any code, just accidentally introduced a non- workalike for a platform-defined macro. Juanma's patch restores the previous version of the line I changed under Windows. Again, apologies for the temporary bug.