Re: Release plans

From: Richard M Stallman
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 13:30:07 -0400

    A while back, I came across a note saying that any package that is
    developed within Emacs shouldn't have it's own version numbering.

The reason I started asking people not to put version numbers in the
Lisp programs included in Emacs is that they tend to be time wasters.
But that problem happens mainly when the program's maintainer sends
patches for us to install.  But since you maintain Calc directly in
the Emacs repository, the only person whose time it costs is yours.
So you may as well do whatever you prefer about this.