Re: Cocoa Emacs (2)

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: Cocoa Emacs (2)
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 18:49:37 -0400

On Aug 1, 2008, at 6:30 PM, Nick Roberts wrote:

In Cocoa Emacs using TAB in the GUD buffer (gud-gdb-complete- command)
causes Emacs to freeze (C-g frees it).  It gets stuck waiting in
accept-process-output in gud-gdb-run-command-fetch-lines.

I can't replicate it (Emacs -Q, M-x gud RET TAB) on Leopard.

TAB needs to be used as a completion. Maybe you mean this, but just to be
clear, asssuming you have an executable called myprog:

M-x gdb<RET>
Run gdb (like this): gdb --annotate=3 ~/myprog

OK, running M-x gdb will lead to the bug, but M-x gud does not, despite running same line (gdb --annotate=3 src/emacs in my case). One difference I noticed is that when running via M-x gdb some status is shown in the modeline, while via M-x gud does not. I don't know a tremendous amount about gud/gdb.. could there be some difference in process-listening between the two different invocations?