Re: Release plans

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 01:46:07 +0200

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
Borrowing notions from chess, you're talking about winning by direct
attack, possibly with brilliant sacrifices along the way, while I see
things more as a positional game, accumulating small advantages,
manoevring against enemy weaknesses.  You're Mikhail Tal, I'm José
Capablanca.  ;-)

I think I really learnt only one thing from chess: do not do any move for just one reason.

I think it would "do you good" to spend a week using only proprietary
software on a Microsoft Windows system; I don't think you're aware of
just how sucky it is.  If you were, you'd realise that campaigning on the
basis of software quality in addition to freedom could be effective
indeed.

I do not think that is enough. You have to learn from your enemy. Learn from the strength your enemy has.