Re: Removing MULTI_KBOARD

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Removing MULTI_KBOARD
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 14:20:54 -0400

> Well, I can't understand the reasoning.  If I was Eli, it would leave a very
> bitter taste in my mouth.  Maybe because we don't see one another, there is
> sometimes scant regard for the feelings of others on this list, and I'm sure
> this loses developers.

Agreed.

> If the logical thing to do is remove MULTI_KBOARD, and therefore the MSDOS
> port, I'm sure that after discussion Eli would see that.

FWIW, removing MULTI_KBOARD does not entail removing MSDOS support: it
just requires a bit more effort to update the MSDOS code.  The problem
is that Dan should have made this effort (even if he can't test it
because the MSDOS port currently doesn't build/work), unless someone
else (i.e. Eli) had agreed to do it, or unless we had decided to drop
the MSDOS port (which I'd favor, but not enough to impose it on Eli).

So Dan, rather than revert your removal of MULTI_KBOARD, could you do
a best-effort update of the MSDOS code to adapt it to the new "always
multi kbd" code?

        Stefan