Re: fixing non-NS darwin (was: Re: your emacs/src/keyboard.h change)

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: fixing non-NS darwin (was: Re: your emacs/src/keyboard.h change)
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 09:23:46 +0900

> This is not defined anywhere in emacs, but there was this section in
> an earlier version of darwin.h:

> #if 0 /* Don't define DARWIN on Mac OS X because CoreFoundation.h uses
>          it to distinguish Mac OS X from bare Darwin.  */
> #ifndef DARWIN
> #define DARWIN 1
> #endif
> #endif

> Does anyone know where this IS defined?  Also, I've been unable to
> find a version of CoreFoundation.h that makes the check referred to.

It's used in CoreFoundation.h in Mac OS X 10.1 - 10.3.

BTW, why the above comment was removed?  The corresponding ChangeLog
entry only says:

  2008-07-10  Dan Nicolaescu  <address@hidden>

          * unexec.c:
          * s/vms.h:
          * s/usg5-4-2.h:
          * s/sol2-5.h:
          * s/freebsd.h:
          * s/darwin.h: Remove dead code.

The comments like this should be left for future reference so people
may not make the same mistake again.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden