Re: Release plans

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 11:33:43 -0400

    > Your statement assumes both approaches can/do lead to victory.  That is
    > precisely what I am not sure of.

    Real chess players need to be able to play either strategy.

That's because both stategies can win, in chess.
It is not clear that the same is true here.
That's the weakness of analogy as an argument:
the analogy does not show where its limits are.

    > But just using Emacs and other free programs on Windows is not victory.

    There will be no ultimate victory, as such, IMAO.  There will always be
    users of restricted software, so long as such is available.

You cannot see the future any more than I can, so stop spreading
defeatism.