Re: Emacs Package Management

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs Package Management
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 04:04:42 -0400

    Some unbundled Elisp packages (and some bundled ones as well, sadly)
    have all kinds of nasty flaws.  Using CL is the least of my worries in
    this arena,

Perhaps we can't do anything about flaws in the Lisp programs that are
distributed independently of us.  Their developers never made any
commitment to follow our standards.  But FSF-copyrighted programs
are GNU packages, and have maintainers who have undertaken to do so.