Re: A few bugs not in the bug tracker (I think)

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A few bugs not in the bug tracker (I think)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 15:14:55 +0200

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 14:31, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:

>> The following open bugs are not in the bug tracker, I think.
>> - face-valid-attribute-values chokes on font-family-list and new
>> font-*-table vars
>
> I've just installed the fix.

Thanks.

One thing which was not in the bug report is that, on Windows,

  (face-valid-attribute-values :stipple)

returns a list of all files in the current directory, because
x-bitmap-file-path is "." on Windows. That seems a bit absurd.

> The problem is the newly introduced null-byte detection
> mechanism, but the discussion divergented to encoding of
> non-ascii characters, and for the original problem of
> null-byte in info file, no one replied to the question in
> this mail:
>  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-07/msg00225.html

How would inhibit-null-byte-detection work for info files?

>> - Disappearing ^J in ChangeLogs [Windows]
>
> Could someone please find a reproducible recipe?

Wish I could. I've set up modification hooks in my Emacs to try and
find what is happening, or at least *when* it is happening.

>> - Crash displaying byte-code [Windows?]
>>   http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-08/msg00236.html
>
> I have not yet investigated that problem.  At least, I can't
> reproduce it on X.

It might be related to font issues on Windows.

 Juanma