Re: Choice of fonts displaying etc/HELLO

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: Choice of fonts displaying etc/HELLO
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 12:54:26 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> > ??? It matched in Emacs 22 and still matches in Emacs 23.
> > So, it still works, of course.

> I meant would it break something if "\\cj" matched only the Katakana
> and Hiragana characters instead of what it matches today?

Ah.  At least "\\cj" should match with also with FULLWIDTH
version of Latin and symbol characters.  And, there will be
codes by third parties that expect it match also with Kanji
charaters.

By the way, FYI, for Hiragana and Katakana, we already have
categories H and K.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden