Re: calendar problem: week number

From: Lawrence Mitchell
Subject: Re: calendar problem: week number
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 16:17:03 +0100

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
>>> Companies in German are used to refer to the `Kalenderwoche' (the
>>> current number of the week counted from the beginning of the
>>> year).  For example, this week is the 32nd week.  Can I configure
>>> `calendar' to make it display, eg., like in the attached image?  I
>>> haven't found a hint in the info file.

>> I use this custom code to do that: [...]

> Thanks, but helps a bit but it is not what I really want -- in most
> cases you don't need the current week number but a values of a
> completely different week number.

> Maybe this can be added somehow to calendar.

It turns out it is, after Ed pointed out that my idea of adding
something to calendar-generate-month may not work, I had another
look to see if I had in fact broken things.  It turns out Glenn
Morris has recently (Jun 26th) implemented more flexible calendar
printing: removing magic numbers and the like.

Anyway, to get iso week numbers in the calendar view, just modify
`calendar-intermonth-text' as suggested in its docstring.  This
is in NEWS, but not yet in the info file, I believe.

Cheers,
Lawrence
--
Lawrence Mitchell <address@hidden>