Re: Problem with building Emacs diagnosed. Help please!

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Problem with building Emacs diagnosed. Help please!
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 18:53:39 -0400

Alan Mackenzie wrote:

> I am not prepared to check out the sources from scratch every time I
> can't get a build working.

I didn't mean that. I meant that you seem at the moment to have gotten
into a very weird state somehow, and rather than trying to figure it
out, it would be easier to throw it away and start again. If you get
into the weird state again, then it makes more sense to investigate
it. But for some hopefully transient, never-repeatable glitch, why
bother?

(Perhaps the "emacs" that your build invokes to make the autoloads is
messed up somehow, or it finds the wrong one somehow.)

I update and build from CVS every day and almost never see build
failures, and they are always rapidly fixed. I'm sure the same is true
for others.