Re: Release plans

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:33:43 +0200

A Soare wrote:
    Windows hardly matters anymore.

    Windows is not growing much in functionality...

Windows is important as a problem as long as it is non-free and
considerable numbers of people keep using it.  It is clear that when
you say it "hardly matters" you are thinking of some other criterion.

I have never known in all my life a person using windows that thought to use
emacs. All persons that I knew and wanted to (learn lisp)/(use emacs) used
linux or MAC OSX.

So a considerable number of peuple use Windows, but (almost) never Emacs in
Windows.

What is your thoughts about that? Is there something to learn from it? Is there something to investigate?