Re: Release plans

From: Johannes Weiner
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:54:25 +0200

Hi,

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 15:11, A Soare <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Emacs and Linux is used just by peuple that wants to understand how things
>> work.
>>
>> Windows is used by peuple that want to gain money and to arrive quiqkly at
>> their purpose.
>
> Yeah, sure, of course.

There are exceptions and blaming it on money only is not right.

>From my experience, I don't know anyone personally(!) who has found his
way around in Linux and switched back to Windows after it.  I know that
there are exceptions, but these people seem to be rare.

And these few people who switched back to Windows had no means to
understand how things work.  In fact, I had even more understanding of
their Windows than they had themselves, just because they didn't care.
Despite the fact that I have not used Windows myself for over 6 years
now.

So, my impression is, that most Windows users really have no intention
to learn how their tools work.  And they are not interested in
optimizing their workflow.

Again, there are exceptions.  I *know* there are people who know both
worlds and still are fine with working on Windows.  I suspect you,
Juanma, and Eli Zaretskii are such persons, please correct me if I am
wrong.

But the bulk of people behaves like I described, I think.

        Hannes