Re: Release plans

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:14:04 +0000

Hi!

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 04:34:49PM +0200, A Soare wrote:

> I say that in general almost nobody use emacs in windows. There are
> exceptions, quite so. But I have never seen exceptions.

In the field I work in (embedded systems), our targets are very often
Unix-like OSs (e.g. QNX), our host systems are (nearly) always Windows,
and development itself is done either on Windows or on a Unix server.  In
this type of environment, cygwin is always installed, and Emacs on
Windows is popular, as is perl, bash, vi, .....;

It has been known for programmers enamoured of the Windows OS to complain
quite loudly at the lack of a "decent editor" in Unix.  ;-)

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).