Re: Release plans

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 21:16:16 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Yes, I understood that this is what you meant. But in what way did you
>> > reach this conclusion?
>>
>> By induction.
>
> "Induction" as in "1 is a prime number, 2 is a prime number, 3 is a
> prime number; so by induction, every number is prime."

This is not the complete story.

The Mathematician: Theorem: Every odd number >1 is prime. Proof: 3 is
prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime. The theorem is demonstrated by induction.

The Physicist: 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 (experimental
error), 11 is prime, 13 is prime.

The Engineer: 3 is prime, 5 is prime, 7 is prime, 9 is prime, ...

BTW, 1 is rarely considered a prime number. Furthermore: I say that it
is not a prime number!

Please argue against this.

Please do it. Really. We need to shift this thread to an off-topic realm
in order to shut it down.

--
Oscar