Re: Release plans

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 02:27:00 -0400

    At a U.S. university, I do see Emacs on Windows.  One of my professors
    used it for demonstrating things from his laptop in lecture.  Other
    professors use Emacs, and use Windows for some things (frequently their
    laptops run Windows).

The real question here is what to do to convince them to stop
using Windows and run GNU/Linux instead.

We can speculate that running Emacs on Windows leads some people
to switch to GNU/Linux.  But imagined migration is not our goal;
what we need is for them to migrate in reality.