Re: Release plans

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:28:53 +0000

Hi, again, again, again!

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 03:15:00PM +0200, Johannes Weiner wrote:

> By the way, what prevents you from loading proprietary .elc files?

.elc files are compiled from .el files.  .el files, because they call
functions like `car', because they embed themselves in the standard Emacs
obarray, ..., are extensions to Emacs.  Therefore, they're subject
to the GPL.  Or something like that.

> > By the way, do you really live in an acid bath?  ;-)

> Jawohl!  It's actually a reference to a reeeeaaally bad piece of german
> electronic dance music... `Join me in my bath of acid.  Witness your
> own decay.  Boom Boom Boom Boom...'

Ah.  A bit like Johann Sebastian Bach.  Got you!  ;-)

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).