Re: start emacs without creating frames and connect with emacsclient lat

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: start emacs without creating frames and connect with emacsclient later
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:21:01 -0400

>     Should something like this go in?  We do have a feature freeze, but this
>     is quite simple, and it completes the multi-tty functionality, which is
>     one of the major features of 23.1.

> I think it should go in
> provided you write the text for etc/NEWS AND all the relevant manuals.

I strongly suspect that the proposed patch is a bit naive and will need
more work to make it work right (the fact that it ends up not calling
frame-initialize at all is very suspect).  I.e. it will lead to several
new bug reports.

So I'd rather leave it for 23.2.  Seeing how long it took for someone to
even try to write the patch, it's not very high priority,

        Stefan