Re: Release plans

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 23:41:16 -0400

    Hey, you snipped too much of the context, you rascal!  The effort I was
    talking about was that of a large company, with all the bureaucracy and
    inertia that goes with it.

I was talking about switching your own computing to GNU/Linux, within
the company, not the bigger task of convincing the whole company to
change.  With that clarified, is my response more understandable?

    Other people and groups are advancing free software by emphasising free
    software's high quality. Yet you don't recognise their efforts as
    legitimate,

You have misunderstood my position.  I do not criticize them for
persuasively citing practical advantages.  If they oppose our efforts
at a deeper level, by endorsing the idea that freedom is not an
important issue, I do criticize that.