Misc problems with INSTALL file

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Misc problems with INSTALL file
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 23:11:15 +0200

I noticed the following stuff in INSTALL which should be fixed:

> To take proper advantage of Emacs 21's mule-unicode charsets, you need
> a suitable font.  For `Unicode' (ISO 10646) fonts for X, see

Emacs 21 should be just Emacs.

Do we still speak of "mule-unicode" ?

> (This is for a Unix or Unix-like system.  For MS-DOS and Windows 3.X,
> see below; search for MSDOG.  For Windows 9X, Windows ME, Windows NT,

There is no MS-DOS or W3x support in Emacs 23 - right?

> Installation on MSDOG (a.k.a. MSDOS)
>
> [...]

Ditto - so this whole section should be removed - right ?

I know that Eli does not want to kill MSDOG support, but IIUC
in the current state [feature freeze - release just around the corner],
Emacs 23 does not run on MSDOG.

That needs to be announced in NEWS too.