Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 20:52:18 +0200

Tom Tromey skrev:
"Ivan" == Ivan Kanis <address@hidden> writes:

In my opinion "size of the screen" != "size of the screen excluding
taskbar and stuff".  So I'd consider that w32 behavior a bug.

Ivan> Well 'fullheight' does screen height minus taskbar in Gnome.

Has this changed recently?

I'm running CVS Emacs (from a couple months back) on Fedora 9, and
fullscreen really means fullscreen -- no Gnome panel, no window
manager decorations, just Emacs.

It all depends on the window manager.
FWIW, I get a screen with just Emacs for Gnome in Ubuntu 8.04.

        Jan D.