Re: Release plans

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Release plans
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:48:10 -0400

    - Falsely register my module as free and FSF and me will meet at court.
      (Is there a danger that a court will decide it's legal to register a
      module as free if it's not?)

I have not discussed this with lawyers, but I don't know of any law
that would prohibit it.  That's why I am reluctant to rely on such a
scheme.  If that sort of thing were clearly forbidden by copyright
law, I would find the method would be much more appealing.