Re: Move selection up, down

From: Jiri Pejchal
Subject: Re: Move selection up, down
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 09:45:09 +0200

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Lennart Borgman (gmail)
<address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Move the next or previous word (depending on which side of the region
>>> you are on) to the other side of the region. Is not that a natural
>>> extension?
>>
>> Dunno. I would expect it instead to swap the region and the next or previous
>> word, leaving the separator chars between them. `transpose-word' recognizes
>> intervening non-word chars (any number), and swaps the words around them.
>
> Isn't that the same thing?
>
>> Sounds OK to me, but I don't have much of a opinion one way or the other. It
>> might require users to sometimes deactivate the region to get today's effect,
>> but that's no biggee.
>>
>> Presumably, the region would be kept active, so you could repeat the
>> operation -
>> e.g. `transpose-line' would move the region down a line each time. (That's
>> another difference from today's commands - they deactivate the region.)

Just to make it clear the netbeans implementation is actually only
line oriented.
If the selection span less than one line the move/copy operations
works on the line with cursor.
If the selection span more than one line it operates on those lines.

Alt-Shift Left/Right/Up/Down Shift lines left/right/up/down
Ctrl-Shift-Up/D Copy lines up/down

Jiri Pejchal