Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Proposal for a new API to fullscreen
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:46:33 +0800

Tassilo Horn wrote:
Hm, it's not a good idea to use one and the same parameter for two
different concepts.

I don't think the concepts are different. They are different degrees of the same thing - the issue is whether you want your full screen frame to eliminate the desktop furniture or not.

If someone would ask me which parameter and values I'd choose, here
they're:

        - Parameter: maximize

I'd choose that too, but this frame parameter is already recognized by the name fullscreen since 22.1. So changing it now could be disruptive to users.