Re: [Emacs.app dev]: ghost cursor problem is still there

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: [Emacs.app dev]: ghost cursor problem is still there
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:16:46 -0400

On Aug 21, 2008, at 8:07 AM, Adrian Robert wrote:

On Aug 21, 2008, at 5:08 AM, David Reitter wrote:

On 21 Aug 2008, at 03:33, Nick Roberts wrote:

but I still get grey strips which are
opaque to the text until the cursor moves over them or I select the region
with the mouse.

Can you reproduce starting with Emacs -Q?

I can. After startup, select a row of text, click onto another application, then back. I don't know if this was there before the patch.

I checked, it was not. In addition the patch introduces the following bug: the cursor is not changed to hollow box from block when focus on the frame is taken away. And when multiple frames are present, things get very messy. If these problems cannot be resolved quickly we should probably revert the patch, or at least the non blink-related parts of it.