Re: whither GNU

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: whither GNU
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:31:33 -0700

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
(I'm not trying to restart that debate, though; I'm just agreeing with
Tom on a very specific point of his very interesting thoughts).

It's "off topic" no matter where you bring it up (which is itself
an interesting fact) but ... yeah ... I have trouble cottoning to
any purported free software movement leadership that comes up
with some theory to explain why and demand that we do our
jobs as software engineers less well, on purpose.

Something is wrong with your political calculus if you manage
to come to that conclusion, in my opinion.

I can imagine doing deliberately less well is the Right Thing
if someone is holding a gun to your head, in some imaginable
circumstances, but as an overall GNU policy?  Think harder, RMS.

-t

  Juanma