How to prevent double X pastes?

From: Robert J. Chassell
Subject: How to prevent double X pastes?
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 14:06:02 +0000

This is very likely an X issue, not a GNU Emacs issue.  I would like a
work around.

How do I prevent a region being pasted twice when I copy the primary
region with my mouse from GNU Emacs to an xterm or an RXVT shell in X?

Doubling also happens when I copy a command from one xterm to another.
That suggests the problem is an X issue.

However, doubling does not happen when I go from an xterm to GNU Emacs.
Also, doubling does not happen between two RXVT shells.

I am using the Debian Testing distribution of GNU/Linux, updated this
morning.

  X.Org X Server 1.4.2
  X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
  Build Operating System: Linux Debian (xorg-server 2:1.4.2-3)
  Current Operating System: Linux benthic 2.6.22-3-686 #1 SMP
  Sun Feb 10 20:20:49 UTC 2008 i686

  Today's GNU Emacs CVS, Sat, 2008 Aug 23 09:50 UTC
  GNU Emacs 23.0.60.51 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.11)
  started with

       /usr/local/src/emacs/src/emacs -Q -D

--
    Robert J. Chassell                          GnuPG Key ID: 004B4AC8
    address@hidden                         address@hidden