Re: How to prevent double X pastes?

From: James Cloos
Subject: Re: How to prevent double X pastes?
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:27:40 -0400

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert J Chassell <address@hidden> writes:

Robert> How do I prevent a region being pasted twice when I copy the
Robert> primary region with my mouse from GNU Emacs to an xterm or an
Robert> RXVT shell in X?

Do you have a three button mouse, or are you using middle button
emulation?

Which driver do you use, mouse or evdev?

Is the mouse ps/2 or usb?

If the mouse driver is loaded and listening on /dev/input/mice and evdev
is also loaded and listening on the /dev/input/evdev* devices you could
be getting two X events for each button press/mouse movement.

The X logs would give some clues if that is the case.

Or, if you're middle button is also a wheel, a slight forward or
backward movement when pressing it could lead to a double event.

If you are using middle button emulation, there could be some issue with
the timeouts.

These are all guesses, of course.

-jimC
--